worm screw jack is one of the most economical and efficient means for
lifting, lowering, pushing and pulling loads.
It can be used singularly or in combination with either manual or automatic
controls and can withstand heavy loads for an indefinite time without
yielding in any way.
It is possible to link two or more screw jacks by shafts, couplings and
bevel gear boxes so that the lifting and lowering operations of all the
screw jacks are perfectly synchronized.
Even when loads are not evenly distributed, the screw jacks will ensure
a perfectly synchronized movement of the load.
Mechanical worm screw jacks can be used for many different applications:
steel mills, masking, loading platforms, conveyors and other equipment.
Our standard range of screw jacks has been studied to support a nominal
load between 0,5 – 10 tons – SEL series – and 5 –
150 tons – KN series.
Our Technical Department is available to study special applications involving
even heavier loads.
Special screw jacks for the steel industry
- Electric limit switch: the use of a limit switch is possible through
the application of a stiff protection which is specially devised for
this end. Two limit switch supports are provided which permit to control
the maximum stroke of the screw jacks. The supports are designed to
allow a adjustment
- Back stop device: the back stop is guaranteed by a hardened key,
inserted in the flange, which slides in a grooved hollowed out on the
- Protection bellow: the elastic protection bellows can be applied
on the entire range of screw jacks
- Stop nut: to prevent the thread to slip out at maximum stroke of
the screw jack, an iron disc is fixed on the thread itself
- Antibacklash nut screw: the functioning is based on the nut and counter-nut
principle. Clearance recovery is abtained by simply rotating the cover
and by tightening the screws
- Ball screw jack for high efficiency
- Stainless steel screw thread
- Security nut screw